Mid Season Lake Placid Ironman USA Camp
Race Entry available!
June 4-6, 2010 (Friday to Sunday, 7-weeks prior to race day)
This camp is timed perfectly for IM Canada, IM Wisconsin or any other mid season race in July or August.
Paula Newby-Fraser with 5-time Ironman USA Lake Placid Champion, Heather Fuhr at the finish line of the 2005 event.
Your Coaches Roch & Paul
Ironman World Champion Heather Fuhr leading a track workout
Coach Roch will be your own personal cabana boy at the swim workout!
We look after all your bike needs.
This camp is 7 weeks before the race, just in time for your final Ironman Specific Training. Do you know how you should be training? We've coached Peter Reid, Michellie Jones, Chris Legh, Luke Bell and many more, and we personaly coach you too.
This is your chance to get first hand advice from great athletes like Ironman World Champions Heather Fuhr and Paula Newby-Fraser.
If you are considering your first Ironman, or you are an Iron veteran, this camp offers you something. Not only do we coach champions, we have lots of experience coaching iron newbies preparing for their first race and experienced middle-of-the pack age-groupers looking to improve their performance
Our all-star coaches train with you- Where else can you ride on an Ironman World Champion's wheel for 5 hours?
Our coaches hang with you between lectures and workouts, and welcome your questions and happily dispense their own personal advice. Have you ever wondered what Paula Newby-Fraser's opinion was on a topic? This is your chance to ask!
This may be a group camp, but we have so many coaches at the camp you receive as much one on one coaching as you can handle.
We have a bicycle mechanic at the camp to assemble your bicycle and help with any cycling gear issues and will help fit your bike.
This is a busy schedule, so we provide all the meals you'll need, AND we provide hydration and nutrition during all the workouts and a support vehicle for the bike and run workouts.
We coach you through several Ironman Specific workouts
(don't worry, we provide a range of workouts if you need less or more.)
- 3000-5000 yard pool workout
- 5 hour bike ride on the race course followed by a 20-45 minute transition run
- 2 hour run on the race course
- Open water swim on the race course (conditions permitting)
- Walk you through the actual transitions
Between workouts we offer lectures on:
- Race Course & Venue Familiarization
- Nutrition for both training and race day
- Open Water Swimming
- Planning your training up to race day (including Heart Rates the the all important taper)
- Changing a Flat Tire with no more tears (there’s no crying in triathlon)
- Going Mental - how to train your mind to help you during the race
We have lots of demo gear for you to try
We give away lots of cool stuff including raffles for some pretty expensive gear like Oakley eye wear, Tri-All-3 bike cases, X-Terra Wetsuits, Profile Aerobars and Speedplay Pedals
Our Coaching Staff: (subject to change)
- Paula Newby-Fraser 8 time Ironman World Champion
- Heather Fuhr 1997 Ironman World Champion
- Roch Frey
- Jimmy Riccitello
- John Duke, publisher Triathlete Magazine
| Schedule of Events|
Schedule is tentative
|12:00pm||Introduction of staff and discussion of weekend's activities|
|12:30pm||Lecture: Swim Start / Open Water Swimming|
|1:30pm||Ride to Pool|
|2:00pm||Long Swim (Key Workout) 90-120min|
|4:00pm||Easy 1 to 1.5 hr ride - end at Hotel|
|7:00pm||Lecture: Ironman Training|
|7:00am||Long Bike Ride (5 hours) - Key Workout|
|1:00pm||Return to hotel for 20 to 45 minute transition run|
|3:45pm||Easy open water swim|
|5:30pm||Lecture, Going Mental|
|7:30pm||Lecture: Pre, During, & Post-race nutrition|
|7:45am||Long Run (90-135min) Key Workout|
|10:30am||Lunch / Lecture -Two week taper|
|12:30pm||Camp Officially Ends|
The registration fee Includes:
- Group lectures specific to the Ironman distance.
- All training sessions in swimming, cycling, and running.
- Technique evaluation and correction.
- Professionally catered meals starting with dinner Friday evening and ending with Breakfast Sunday after the run.
- Schwag bag and giveaway prizes.
Special Price for Multisports.com Alumni $745
Fee - Ironman USA/Lake Placid Race Entry and Camp: $1380.00
Through a special arrangement with Ironman, we have a
limited number of race entries available to our athletes.
We have other Ironman Race Entry packages avaiable.
This item is not available
Accommodations are not included. We will be based at the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort. We have negotiated a special room rate for campers of $149 per night Fri and Sat, and a $99 rate for early arrivals. We will send you the discount code after you register.
* Cancellation Policy - Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the camp/clinic start date will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid. No refunds for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the camp/clinic start date. Transfers to another Multisports.com camp/clinic in the same year are allowed for a fee of $75 provided the transfer is made at least 30 days or more prior to the camp/clinic start date. No transfers less than 30 days prior to the camp/clinic start date. No exceptions.