Your Coaches Roch & Paul
Ironman World Champion Heather Fuhr leading a track workout
Heather, Roch & Paul lead the different training groups
Coach Roch will be your own personal cabana boy at the swim workout!
San Diego 5 Day Winter Camp
Feburary Feb 3-7 2010, (Wed-Sun)
Read what athletes say about our camps
Our 5 day Winter Camp is the ultimate in triathlon training from the best coaches and athletes in the world. Join Ironman legends Paula Newby Fraser, Heather Fuhr, Roch Frey and Paul Huddle for an intensive five-day, four night unique training experience for athletes of all levels. The world's very best multisport athletes and coaches have come together to share their knowledge and expertise and take you to the next level of performance.
This is for the athlete - whether a beginner or an elite amateur - with a sincere desire to improve. This camp provides the opportunity to train with today's multi-sport superstars.
Staffed by world-class athletes conducting clinics in areas of their expertise as well as accompaning you on all workouts, the camp takes place in Encinitas, in San Diego's North County the winter hub of the triathlon world.
It is the off season for most of us, so the focus in on technique and education, but if you are in the middle of training for an early season race, we will have a group for you to work withCamp Highlights:
- TONS of personal coaching - we limit the camp size to assure this.
- LOTS of chill time at meals or hanging out by the pool with some of the legends of Triathlon.
- Coached "quality" workouts in all 3 disciplines
- Coached "endurance" workouts in all 3 disciplines
- Drills and technique evaluation and correction for Cycling and Running
- Bicycle Fitting & tech tips from our mechanics.
- Video swim technique evaluation and correction
- Comprehensive classroom instruction on everything you ever needed to know about every facet of triathlon, from super sprint to Ironman distance, from how to build training plans to nutrition.
- Other special treats. The camp takes place in the heart of triathlon, and we never know which Ironman or Olympic champions might drop by.
- Demo Gear and shopping trips to some of the best stocked triathlon "toy" stores in the world.
- Fun runs on the beach.
We perform Anabolic Threshold testing on each athlete the first day of camp and assign training groups according to your current fitness - No worries about being dropped, or of not being worked hard enough. Although the training camp is very intensive, it is also part "fantasy camp," and your experience will undoubtedly be remembered for the rest of your life.
The tentative 2010 Multisports.com Winter Camp Staff includes**:
The Program Includes:
- Group Lectures with each of the champions
- Training sessions according to ability
- swimming, cycling, & running
- Anaerobic Threshold Testing
- An opportunity to train with the best multisport athletes in the world.
The goal of Multisports.com is to provide an unparalleled athletic learning environment. We guarantee that if the advice offered at the camps is faithfully followed, participants will improve their training and performance potential.
| Schedule of Events|
Schedule is tentative
|10am - 6pm||Arrival of athletes and orientation including: Assembly and set up of bikes- location TBA.|
|6:45pm||Official welcome and introduction|
|7:00 -7:30pm||Lecture: Swimming Technique - Roch Frey|
|7:40 -9:00pm||Lecture: Bio-mechanical performance & injury prevention|
|7:30-9:20am||Safety talk and Skills Ride ending at pool - donít forget to drop swim gear in truck.|
|Swim video taping, drill progression, and workout|
|Ride from pool back to Hotel|
|Noon-12:45pm||Lunch (Pick up your swim gear)|
|1:00-3:00pm||Free Time (see Danny, trips to B&L, one-on-one time w/ coach, Jacuzzi time, etc.)|
|3:00-4:00pm||Lecture - Hear Rate Training|
|5:15-5:45pm||Optional easy run - meet in lobby|
|6:45pm||Wind Tunnel Testing|
|7:30pm||Lecture: Planning a training schedule|
|6:30-7:15am||Easy run - from hotel lobby|
|8:00am-9:30am||Bike ride ending at pool - donít forget to put swim gear in truck.|
|9:45-11:30am||Swim Workout and second video taping|
|11:35-11:45am||Ride from pool back to Hotel|
|1:00-2:45pm||Free time ( trips to B&L, one-on-one time w/ coach, Jacuzzi time, etc.)|
|2:45-3:45pm||Lecture: Pre, During, and Post Race Nutrition|
|4:00-5:00pm||Lecture - TBA|
|6:30pm||Lecture: Strength Training|
|6:45am||Van leaves for UCSD - Donít forget to bring cycling shoes & helmet|
|7:05-9:00am||Track workout, running drills & transition practice|
|9:20am||Van arrives hotel lobby (more breakfast?)|
|9:45-10:45am||Recovery "training" (flexibility) - bring a pillow & towel|
|Relaxation & Visualization|
|1:00-2:00pm||Free time (trips to B&L, one-on-one time w/ coach, nap or jacuzzi time, etc.)|
|2:00-4:30pm||Cycling Estimated Anaerobic threshold test|
|8:00 am||Morning Run (optional)|
|10:00am-Noon||Camp Ends - pack up, final Q&A|
The camp is limited to a maximum of 36 participants to ensure an intimate setting for all athletes. Rates include training, lectures, video, testing, and meals. Accomodation is not included in the camp registration, however, special rates are available at the camp host hotel.
|Multisports.com Camp Alumni Rate||$1045.00|
Race Entry Packages
Through a special arrangement with Ironman, we have a
limited number of race entries available to selected Ironman races our athletes.
* Cancellation Policy - Cancellations 30 days or more prior to the camp/clinic start date will be refunded 50% of the registration fee paid. No refunds for cancellations less than 30 days prior to the camp/clinic start date. Transfers to another Multisports.com camp/clinic in the same year are allowed for a fee of $75 provided the transfer is made at least 30 days or more prior to the camp/clinic start date. No transfers less than 30 days prior to the camp/clinic start date. No exceptions.
** Due to potential scheduling conflicts, professional athletes' attendance at all camps is not guaranteed.